However, JetBlue generously allows passengers who have missed a flight to standby for the next available flight for no fee, or to take advantage of the Same Day No Show option for a fee ($75, $100, or $150, depending on fare difference). This is basically the same as same-day confirmed flight change.
When you miss your flight but you aren’t entitled to compensation, you may still be able to get a refund for the taxes you paid. If you miss your flight the airline doesn’t have to pay any passenger-bound taxes to the airport. But you’ve already paid these taxes which can comprise 25% of your ticket price.
The two-hour rule states that if a passenger arrives within two hours of their missed flight, the airline employee can put you on the next flight with the same airline on standby at no charge. If you miss the last flight of the day, you’ll be standby on the first flight the next day.
- No show or missed flight: You must change or cancel your flight prior to the scheduled departure time in order to receive a refund to the original form of payment. If a flight is missed, the money associated with the reservation will be placed into a JetBlue Travel Bank credit for future travel.
These are the policies and the process to get a refund on the JetBlue flight booking with the Airlines which is quite simple and easy to follow. Do not forget to get through refund policies so that the answer of your question that How do I cancel my JetBlue flight and get a refund? Is solved by you.
- Partially Used Reservation: In case, you wish to cancel any of the remaining travel after a portion of your trip has been taken, your refund amount will equal the one-way fare for the portion of the trip canceled. It is also applicable if a portion of your travel is not operated as scheduled by JetBlue.
- Refundable Fare Policy: In the case of the refundable fare policy, the cancellations are permitted any time prior to the scheduled departure for a full refund to the original form of payment. If any of the reservation is unchanged or canceled prior to the scheduled departure, all money associated with the reservation will be placed in a JetBlue Bank credit and may be applied toward future travel. The refundable money may not be available on all flights.
- Confirmed Same-Day Flight Changes: Request same-day flight changes from JetBlue at the airport or by phone at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583). You can travel on either an earlier or later flight the same day as your originally scheduled departure. Same-day confirmed flight changes are available only at airports with more than one flight per day to the ticketed destination.
If you request the flight change prior to departure, the fee is $50. If you request the flight change after departure (which basically means you missed your flight), the fee is $75, $100, or $150, depending on the fare difference.
- Same-Day Standby (Unconfirmed Flight Change): JetBlue offers free same-day standby to ticketed passengers. Standby can only be requested in person at the airport, and it’s available on a first-come, first-served basis, so it’s best to get there early. Connections can be changed, meaning that passengers with non-stop tickets can request to standby for flights with connections and vice versa, as long as the departure and destination cities remain the same.
Standby can only be requested for the flight immediately preceding the ticketed flight if the departure city has more than one flight per day. If one flight per day or less, the standby can be requested for the last flight the day before the scheduled departure. Before you decide to fly standby, check the JetBlue website for seat availability on the flight preceding your ticketed flight.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]