JetBlue Flight change! Name Change! Name Corrections! Policy! fee
JetBlue Flight Changes has a different fee depending on the type of fare booked and the cost of the ticket.
- Blue and Blue Plus fares cost $75 to change a ticket costing under $100,
- $100 to change a ticket costing $100 to $149.99,
- $150 to change a ticket costing $150 to $199.99,
- and $200 to change a ticket costing $200 or more.
- The airline’s Blue Basic Fares are not eligible for changes or cancellations, while Blue Extra fares can be changed for free.
- Customers have to pay the difference in the new fare.
- JetBlue also offers standby tickets for a $75 fee.
There are a few things to note about JetBlue Flight changes new fee policy:
- Changes or cancelations need to happen before departure
- This doesn’t mean that almost all tickets are refundable, but rather that credit from any canceled trip will be deposited as a credit in your JetBlue Travel Bank
- Previously one of the biggest benefits of JetBlue Mosaic status was free ticket changes, so that’s no longer an advantage of the status
- JetBlue is unique in allowing changes (for a fee) to basic economy tickets, as other airlines continue to make these non-refundable
Criteria For JetBlue Name Change Policy
To complete a name correction at JetBlue Reservations, the following criteria must be met:
- JetBlue must be the validating carrier in accordance with the rules.
- All flights on the ticket should have been operated and/or validated by JetBlue.
- Only one reissue per ticket is allowed for a name correction in the air ticket.
- Any additional name corrections are considered a name change that is subject to all the change fees and increases in fare.
- Changes with respect to flights, travel dates, fare classes, or fare basis codes are not permitted.
- Minor name corrections are permitted in order to match the government-issued ID/passport.
- The date of birth & gender cannot be changed in addition to a name correction. Making corrections to both the DOB and the name would be considered a name change.
How to proceed for a name change with JetBlue Airways.
- You can take the help of customer support experts. And for that, you can take a phone and dial the JetBlue Reservations number or use the chat support from the JetBlue official website.
- When you get the response from the opposite end you can explain to them that you need to change the name that has been misprinted. He will be asking for some information related to your reservations and then be confirming the correct name.
- You can tell them the correct name. When the changes will be done you will be notified of the email that was entered at the time of booking.
So, with the help of the above steps, anyone can change their name on JetBlue Airways without hassle and hesitation. In case, you still have some doubts then you can contact the customer support of JetBlue Airways in the same way.
JetBlue Name Correction Policy
- One Time Name Correction is allowed
- You need to change the name on the original PNR
- If you are unable to change the name on the original PNR then you need to book a new flight
- You need to secure the same class that is mentioned on the ticket.
- Also secure the data for the new change ticket.
- Cancel the flight if you are unable to change the name on the previous one.
- Doing the previous step will release the seat in inventory
- You need to reissue the ticket by using the code “NAMECART”
- The OSI needs to enter in old PNR and new PNR
If you are still unable to correct the name on the ticket, Well don’t worry you can also take help from the JetBlue reservations team.
Can I change my JetBlue flight for free?
For JetBlue nonrefundable fares, changes or cancellations may be made prior to scheduled departure for a per-person change/cancel fee plus any applicable difference in airfare. Any remaining balance will be issued as a JetBlue travel credit and may be applied toward future travel on JetBlue.
JetBlue Flight Changes online via the mobile app: –
- Log into your account after downloading the JetBlue app.
- Click Manage Trip.
- Now enter the credentials that are requested of you in order to make changes in JetBlue Flight.
- Select the changes you want to make including date, time, seats, type of flight you prefer available.
- Follow the steps as they instructed you to do and get confirmation of your flight changes on JetBlue.
- JetBlue flight change in offline mode: –
- Having trouble making changes to the JetBlue flight? Here is an offline method available in the JetBlue flight to change offline.
Can I change my JetBlue Flight booking?
This will depend on your chosen fare. Please find the change fees for each fare type in the section titled “Cancellation and change fees” below. If the change request is made prior to scheduled departure and on the same calendar day, customers may take advantage of our same-day change options.
Cities with Multiple Flights a Day
- You must change your flight prior to the departure of your original flight.
- You can make your confirmed same-day changes online, on JetBlue mobile app, via 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) or at the airport beginning at midnight (in the time zone of the departing flight) of the same calendar day as your original scheduled flight.
- You must travel on an earlier or later flight on the same day.
- You must travel between the same city pairs or a designated co-located airport.
- A same-day change fee of $75 may apply, depending on your fare.
Cities with One Flight a Day
The same-day change option is not available for cities with one flight a day.
JetBlue Same Day Flight Change:
- Passengers can choose to travel on an earlier or later flight on the same day.
- You can only choose to travel between the same city pairs or a designated airport.
- For the cities which have a direct flight a day, a same-day change option is not provided.
- Passengers can confirm their same-day changes at the airport starting a full 24 hours before the originally scheduled flight.
- The fee is waived for same-day changes.
JetBlue Exceptions to change and cancellation fees
If the ticketed customer rebooks his/her flights for later dates, they may submit documentation for change fees to be credited back to Travel Bank for use toward a future flight. Please note any increase in airfare will apply. If this is a third-party booking, JetBlue must take over the ticket in this scenario. Please contact JetBlue at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) for assistance with these PNRs.
Immediate family member is defined as:
Mother, father, spouse, child, brother, sister, grandparent, great grandparent, grandchild or great-grandchild.
The mother, father, brother, sister, grandparent, or great-grandparent of the Customer’s spouse or Customer’s registered domestic partner.
The Customer’s step-relatives (as defined by “immediate family member” above), relatives by adoption, legal dependents, custodial relatives, and registered domestic partners and their children.
Contact JetBlue at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) for assistance with these PNRs.
ARC and BSP Agencies: In the event a customer is requesting a refund due to them or a family member being seriously ill, JetBlue’s policy is that all nonrefundable tickets are nonrefundable. If the customer wishes to cancel their flights, the ticket can remain in ‘OPEN’ status for use by the customer at a later date, at which point the appropriate change fee would be applied. Tickets are valid one year from the original date of ticket issuance.
Nonrefundable tickets in the event of military orders
ARC Agencies: JetBlue will waive change/cancel fees for active members of the military and members of their immediate family traveling on the same itinerary if their travel plans need to be changed or canceled due to military deployment or transfer. Contact JetBlue at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) for assistance with these PNRs.
BSP Agencies: JetBlue will waive change/cancel fees for active members of the military and members of their immediate family traveling on the same itinerary if their travel plans need to be changed or canceled due to military deployment or transfer. Contact JetBlue at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) option 3 for assistance with these PNRs. T
JetBlue 24-hour cancellation policy
If the passenger completes the travel and it was booked seven days or more before the scheduled departure date, then you all have 24 hours from the purchase of the flight booking to cancel your reservation without being charged any fee. Flight bookings that have been changed are not eligible for a refund of money in the original form of payment and are subject to a per-person cancellation fee, regardless of being in 24 hours of the original flight booking.
JetBlue No shows policy
If the passenger looks to change the flight on the same day of flight departure, then they can opt for the same day change option. In case if the JetBlue non-refundable segment is not canceled before the departure of the flight, then all the money will be forfeited as in the segment.
JetBlue Non-refundable fare Policy
In the JetBlue non-refundable fare, passengers can make the change/cancellation of flight booking for a per person change/cancellation fee and the fare difference. Any remaining balance of the ticket will be credited to the future travel for one year from the date of purchase of the flight booking.
JetBlue Refundable fare policy
For JetBlue refundable fare, passengers are permitted to cancel the flight booking before the scheduled departure of the flight. Any changes made to the flight booking are subject to availability and difference in the fare.
Can I cancel a Jet Blue flight without a fee?
Any JetBlue flights scheduled through February 28, 2021, can now be changed or canceled without a fee. You also have multiple types of fares you can purchase, which allows you to either receive a full refund to your original payment method or travel credit for use on a future JetBlue flight.
Check Also: What to do when you miss your JetBlue Flight
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]
Create your own review