Alaska Airlines allows its esteemed visitors to make required corrections in their names on the ticket. You will have to adhere to toa certain procedure as per the company norms and regulations.
How do I change my name on Alaska Airlines?
- Change or cancel your reservation here at alaskaair.com.
- Call our reservations team 1-800-252-7522 or 1 (833) 584-0869. (Dial 711 for relay services)
- Notify an agent at one of our airport ticket counters.
Same-day confirmed changes can be made during the check-in window. A $25-50 fee will apply, but no difference in fare is charged. Saver fares cannot be changed. Saver fares purchased on or after May 1, 2021, may only be canceled under our 24-hour cancellation policy.
Alaska Airlines rule book?
Well, Alaska Airlines allows passengers to change or correct their names under any circumstances. It understands the severity of the situation and thinks for the convenience of customers. You can dial the Alaska Airlines customer care number (1-888-474-0163 or 1 (833) 584-0869) as soon as you notice an error in your name on the ticket.
Alaska Airlines Reservations Name Change
Alaska allows one-time minor name correction free-of-charge under the following circumstances:
- Corrections of no more than three letters (i.e. Britny for Britney or Brittany; John for Jon)
- Obvious misspellings (i.e. Jeffrey for Geoffrey, Smith for Smyth, Gonsales for Gonzalez)
- Completing a first name (changing Jeff for Jeffrey, Tom for Thomas, etc.)
- Names inverted (i.e. JOHN/Doe for DOE/John)
- Alaska Airlines ticket Change last name due to marriage or divorce
Name transfer is allowed by Alaska for a $125.00 name transfer fee plus any difference in fare. Great news! This fee is waived when transferring a ticket from a gold member to another traveler. However, the name transfer fee does apply when transferring a ticket from a non-gold member to a gold member.
The airline allows passengers to make changes in their names. But, before that, you need to take care of some points that are involved in the Alaska Airline name change policy that is discussed below.
- The Alaska Airlines 24-hour rule to make changes in any reservations can be done without paying any extra bucks. So, if you have booked your flight in the last 24-hours then you can proceed to change your name.
- This name can be changed by choosing the “Manage Travel” option from the official website.
- If it has been more than 24 hours then you need to pay $125 to make changes in your name on Alaska Airlines Ticket.
- Do keep in mind that Alaska Airlines will entertain name changes which is a typo error and needs to be changed to a single letter.
- But in case you need to change the whole name then you need to produce legal documents duly signed and stamped by an authorized person.
- If you have got your flight booked by travel agents then you need to contact them in case of name changes. You can also reach the airport and contact the customer service or travel desk present at the airport.
Alaska Airlines name change policy
- change your name without paying any change fee if the change is done within 24 hours of the actual purchase.
- If your name has changed legally after the booking and before the departure then you will be allowed to change the name without any change fee.
- If you want to make an Alaska Airlines Name Change due to marriage then there is no need to do that. You just need to carry your marriage certificate with you.
- The airport authority will consider it as proof and you will be allowed to enter.
- If you want to change your name on your flight ticket after 24 hours of the actual purchase then you will have to pay some charge fee for making the changes.
For more details about the name change on Alaska tickets due to marriage you can contact the customer care service of Alaska Airlines.
Can I transfer an Alaska Airlines ticket?
As Per Alaska Airlines No-Show Policy, you must change or cancel your reservation before your flight departs in order to receive future travel credit. Same-day confirmed changes can be made during the check-in window. A $25-50 fee will apply, but no difference in fare is charged. Saver fares cannot be changed.
Changing your Alaska Flight Ticket at least 60 days before departure will now be subject to a $125 change fee. Currently, you can change your ticket for free if you do it before you’re within 60 days of departure. These changes even apply to intra-Alaska award flights.
There are three exceptions to the new $125 fee:
- Refundable fares purchased with cash or award miles
- MVP Gold and Gold 75K Mileage Plan members
- Intra-Alaska tickets purchased with cash or miles and cash (award tickets are subject to the fee)
If you don’t meet one of the three requirements and you know you will need to adjust your itinerary
Does Alaska Airlines require a middle name on a ticket?
Your middle name doesn’t matter. It doesn’t need to be printed on the boarding pass, and you didn’t even need to input it when making the reservation. The middle name is normally needed for Secure Flight data, but you’re right that nobody will care whether or not the middle name appears on the boarding pass.
24 Hour Rule to Change Passenger’s Name on Alaska Airlines Ticket
- The 24-hour rule applies to both Change Alaska airlines flight & passenger’s name without paying anything if you have booked your flight at least 24-hours before the departure.
- However, after that, you’ll be payable for the name change fee i.e. $125 on Alaska Airlines.
- Name Changes are applicable for typo errors and changes being done to a single letter.
- If you still wondering that can I change my Alaska Flight or in terms of the name change, and then contact the Alaska Flight change number for further assistance.
Alaska Airlines Name Correction Online
- At first, the passenger needs to visit the official website of Alaska Airline.
- Then, select the option on Manage Booking.
- Enter the confirmation code and the passenger name.
- Next, fetch your bookings and then go to the option on ‘Flight Change’.
- Choose the flight and the changes you want to make then go to proceed.
- Lastly, choose the payment option as changing flights with Alaska Airlines fees.
- The process on Alaska Airlines flight change online is completed and a confirmed mail will be sent to your registered phone.
You can make your changes online if:
- Your reservation was purchased directly through Alaska Airlines.
- No one in your party has checked in for any flights on this reservation.
- Your reservation doesn’t include Saver fares or government fares.
- Your reservation includes no more than 7 guests and/or isn’t part of a larger group booking.
- Your reservation contains no more than 8 flight segments.
- Your reservation is not a Mileage Plan™ award ticket for travel on Cathay Pacific or LATAM.
- Your reservation doesn’t include certain special service requests, such as pet accommodations.
If your reservation is not eligible for online changes, please call reservations at 1-800-252-7522. (Dial 711 for relay services)
Alaska Airlines Name Correction by Phone Number
The company also allows visitors to make relevant corrections in their names using the toll-free customer care phone service.
You can tell them all the details to let them make corrections on your behalf.
Alaska Airlines Name Correction at the Airport Kiosk
It is another method you can use to correct your name on the flight ticket. However, it is the least used method as compared to other services. You can do that at the kiosk. Just click the “Change Flight” button on the page that reviews your itinerary, and see if we can get you home just a little bit earlier. And if you want to stay in a city just a little bit longer, you can use “Change Flight” for later flights, too.
Alaska Airlines Name Correction Fee
Definitely, Alaska Airlines charges a certain amount of money when you come to make changes in your registered name with the airline.
As we have discussed above, the service is free of cost if you follow the procedure within 24 hours of your booking time.
But you will pay US$125 as a penalty if you strive after the 24-hour window.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]