Flying from Atlanta to Miami: Things to keep in mind
What airlines fly direct from ATL airport to MIA airport?
Each month there are several airlines that offer direct flights from Atlanta (ATL) to Miami (MIA). Among the top airlines that consistently provide ATL to MIA flights include:
How much is a ticket from Atlanta to Miami?
If you book a flight from Atlanta to Miami, you will be flying from Hartsfield-Jackson to Miami. Flights to Miami (MIA) from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson (ATL) take 1h 49m for a nonstop flight.
|Flexibility||No cancel fee|
|Search Delta Flights Reservations|
What is the cheapest month to fly from Atlanta to Miami?
Flights from Atlanta to Miami lean towards being more expensive in December. Prices are generally better when you fly from Atlanta to Miami in July, with the cheapest ticket starting at $56.
When is the cheapest time to fly from Atlanta to Miami (ATL – MIA)?
One of the essential ways to save on airfare from Atlanta to Miami is to remain as flexible as possible. Flights that are at noon tend to be the most expensive. A flight in the evening could potentially save you up to 20% on airfare.
How to find the cheapest flight from Atlanta (ATL) to Miami (MIA)
- ATL – MIA Price $96 – $198
- Popular in December
- High demand for flights, 26% potential price rise
- Cheapest in August
- Best time to find cheap flights, 35% potential price drop
- Round-trip from $96 From Atlanta to Miami
- One-way from $62 One-way flight from Atlanta to Miami
How many flights depart from Atlanta to Miami on average per day?
- On average 27 flights depart from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson to Miami per day.
- Morning (6am – Noon) – 30% of flight departures
- Afternoon (Noon – 6pm) – 41% of flight departures
- Evening (6pm – Midnight) – 30% of flight departures
What is the cheapest day to fly round-trip from Atlanta to Miami?
Flights from Atlanta to Miami are found to be more expensive on Thursday. This shouldn’t discourage you from searching as you can still find great deals by being flexible with your options. Use our search form to find deals on tickets to Miami.
How many afternoon flights are available from Atlanta to Miami?
- Between 12pm PST and 6pm there are, on average, 1 direct flights provided by Frontier Airlines, where the earliest departing flight is at 02:00PM PST and the last departing flight is at 04:53PM PST.
- Between 12pm PST and 6pm there are, on average, 1 direct flights provided by Southwest Airlines, where the earliest departing flight is at 02:40PM PST and the last departing flight is at 03:40PM PST.
- Between 12pm PST and 6pm there are, on average, 14 direct flights provided by Delta Air Lines, where the earliest departing flight is at 12:30PM PST and the last departing flight is at 05:45PM PST.
- Between 12pm PST and 6pm there are, on average, 4 direct flights provided by American Airlines, where the earliest departing flight is at 12:04PM PST and the last departing flight is at 04:35PM PST.
Are there last-minute flights available from Atlanta to Miami for under $100?
There are currently 20+ open flights from Atlanta to Miami within the next 7 days for less than $100.
What airports do I use to fly from Atlanta to Miami?
If you book a flight from Atlanta to Miami, you will be flying from Hartsfield-Jackson to Miami. Flights to Miami (MIA) from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson (ATL) take 1h 49m for a nonstop flight. There are 44 flights from Hartsfield-Jackson to Miami per day from 7 airlines.
Which airlines fly most frequently between Atlanta and Miami?
- Delta (25 times daily)
- LATAM Airlines (16 times daily)
- Virgin Atlantic (14 times daily) are the most frequent flyers on this route.
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights from Atlanta to Miami?
Hacker Fares allow you to combine one-way tickets in order to save you money over a traditional round-trip ticket. You could then fly to Miami with an airline and back to Atlanta with another airline.
How far in advance should I book a flight from Atlanta to Miami?
Travelers have found it’s best to book a flight 28 days in advance to save up to 33% compared to booking the same week of travel. As your travel date approaches, the cost of this flight route may potentially increase. While opting to book 28 days out may not be an option for all, there are still additional ways to secure a deal in the near future. You might find a flight from Atlanta to Miami 1-2 weeks in advance for as low as $202, or $254 for flights within the next 24 hours.
How long is a flight from Georgia to Miami?
Flight time from Atlanta, GA to Miami is 1 hour 49 minutes.
How much does a Miami trip cost?
A vacation to Miami for one week usually costs around $1,154 for one person. So, a trip to Miami for two people costs around $2,307 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs $4,615 in Miami.
How can I get from Miami to Atlanta?
Miami to Atlanta by bus and subway. The journey time between Miami and Atlanta is around 13h 34m and covers a distance of around 767 miles. The fastest journey normally takes 13h 34m. Operated by La Cubana and MARTA, the Miami to Atlanta service departs from Miami, FL and arrives in Five Points Station
How close is Ft Lauderdale to Miami?
Driving. If you’re traveling by car, getting to Miami and Miami Beach from Fort Lauderdale is simple. While the two cities are only 30 miles apart, it’s smart to schedule at least an hour to allow for traffic, which can be heavy at times, especially during rush hour.
Does Southwest fly nonstop to Miami?
Upon its launch, Southwest will be the second airline at Tampa International Airport to offer daily nonstop flights to Miami next to American Airlines.
Which airlines fly to Miami?
In general, from the United States, American Airlines, JetBlue, and British Airways fly the most to Miami.
What airport does Southwest fly into in Miami?
Southwest Airlines is proud to serve Miami International Airport. Hop on the Metrorail, the Metrobus, call a cab or rideshare, or park and fly—no matter how you get to Miami International Airport, Southwest is waiting to wing you away to your next adventure.
Is there a train from Atlanta to Miami?
There is one daily train from Atlanta to Miami. Traveling by train from Atlanta to Miami usually takes around 43 hours and 13 minutes, but the fastest Amtrak train can make the trip in 43 hours and 10 minutes.
Best Places to Stay in Miami
- Best Hotel: Four Seasons
- Boutique Hotel: East Miami
- Cheap Hotel: Copper Door
- Family Hotel: Loews
- Hotel Pool: Biltmore
- Best Beach: Setai
- Near Airport: Sheraton
Best Luxury Hotels in Miami
- Hotel South Beach
- Biltmore Hotel
- Four Seasons Miami
- Mandarin Oriental
- Setai Miami Beach
- St. Regis Bal Harbour
Best Family Hotels in Miami
- Loews Miami Beach
- Mutiny Luxury Suites
- Hampton Inn & Suites Brickell-Downtown
- Homewood Suites by Hilton – Airport West
Best Boutique Hotels in Miami
- Kimpton Palomar South Beach
- EAST Miami
- Hyde Suites Midtown
- Colonnade Coral Gables
- Palihouse Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Edition
Best 3-Star/4-Star Hotels in Miami
- Aloft Coral Gables
- Urbanica The Meridian
- Sun Harbour Boutique Hotel
Best Cheap Hotels in Miami
- Copper Door B&B
- Miami Hostel
- Posh Hostel South Beach
The Best Places in Miami for Tourists
- Downtown Miami/Brickell
- South Beach
- Coconut Grove
- Wynwood/Midtown/Miami Design District
- Coral Gables
- Little Havana/Overtown
- Key Biscayne
- MiMo/Little Haiti
- North Beach/Surfside/Bal Harbour
Does Amtrak go from Miami to Atlanta?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Miami, Florida to Atlanta, Georgia. The schedule is relatively limited as the train only runs twice a day.
American Cities with Direct Flights to Miami (MIA)
- Atlanta, Georgia, direct to Miami on American or Delta: price for a direct round trip connection sits between $183 and $213
- Boston, Massachusetts, direct to Miami on American: $300-330 for a non-stop connection
- Charlotte, North Carolina, direct to Miami on US Airways: average bargain fares somewhere between $313-328
- Chicago, Illinois, direct to Miami on American or United: below $324 is a bargain
- Dallas, Texas, direct to Miami on American: A good return price will set passengers back around just $300, while fares have also been known to dip as low as $157 at times!
- Detroit, Michigan, direct to Miami on American, Delta or US Airways: A good price for the trip is anything under $264, while cheapest known fares have sold for around just $236.
- Houston, Texas, direct to Miami on American, United or US Airways: return-trip prices can drop to as low as $197 for some lucky passengers. However, good ticket prices are anything below $345
- Indianapolis, Indiana, direct to Miami on American: Some lucky folk have managed to book the two-and-a-half hour journey for just $258, while most will settle for an average ticket price of around $289 for a return.
- Las Vegas, Nevada, direct to Miami on American: Good fare deals on the route will cost around $358 return, while some of the real gamblers have managed to scoop seats for as low as $277!
- Los Angeles, California, direct to Miami on Alaska, American or Delta: book round-trip flights for just $312 dollars in recent months. What’s more, average fares aren’t that much higher (sitting at around $347-352)
- Memphis, Tennessee, direct to Miami on American: The trip from Memphis International typically cost less than $325
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, direct to Miami on American, Delta or Sun Country: While some happy travelers have managed to book tickets for just $319 return, most will find direct routes with American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and the state’s own Sun Country Airlines sitting at around $406.
- Nashville, Tennessee, direct to Miami on American: round trip and averaging at just $251
- New Orleans, Louisiana, direct to Miami on American or US Airways: Good prices for a return fare tend to hover between $257-275
- New York City on American, direct to Miami Delta, United or US Airways: with a selection of direct connections on Delta, American and US Airways for under $278.
- Orlando, Florida, direct to Miami on American: direct flight connections with both US Airways and American Airlines for under $253
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, direct to Miami on American or US Airways: average $267
- Phoenix, Arizona, direct to Miami on American: hoenix Sky Harbor International Airport to Miami International costing $358 and some of the cheapest seats selling for just $277
- San Diego, California, direct to Miami on American: nonstop tickets somewhere between $367 and $381.
- San Francisco, California, direct to Miami on American or Alaska: Good deals on the route will typically cost under $372, while fares have also been known to dip as low as $277.
- Seattle, Washington, direct to Miami on American: Good prices are anything under $407, while some of the most fortunate passengers on the route have scooped return seats for just $276!
Other American cities with direct flights to Miami include:
- Baltimore, MD on American for as low as $192 round trip
- Birmingham, AL on American for $372 round trip
- Charleston, SC on American for as low as $400 round trip
- Cincinnati, OH on American for $350 round trip
- Cleveland, OH on American for $457 round trip
- Columbus, OH on Americanfor as low as $277 round trip
- Gainesville, FL on American for $248 round trip
- Greensboro, NC on American for as low as $251 round trip
- Jacksonville, FL on American for as low as $209 round trip
- Key West, FL on American for as low as $242 round trip
- Louisville, KY on American for as low as $338 round trip
- Norfolk, VA on American for as low as $233 round trip
- Pensacola, FL on American for as low as $338 round trip
- Pittsburgh, PA on American for as low as $235 round trip
- Raleigh, VA on American or US Airways for as low as $158 round trip
- Richmond, VA on American for as low as $242 round trip
- Tallahassee, FL on American for as low as $352 round trip
- Tampa, FL on American or US Airways for $178 round trip
Best Time to Book Flights to Miami from Popular Cities
Below is a breakdown of the best time to book flights for popular routes to Miami. For many cities, September appears to be the best month to visit Miami if you’re looking to save on your flight.
|Departure From||Best Time To Book Flights To Miami||Cheapest Month to Fly|
|New York||3 months in advance||September|
|Chicago||4-5 months in advance||February/September|
|Los Angeles||3-4 months in advance||September|
|Orlando||2 months in advance||September|
|Boston||4 months in advance||September|
Top tips for finding a cheap flight from Atlanta to Miami
Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for $79 or less one-way and $118 or less round-trip.
- The cheapest flight from Atlanta to Miami was found 22 days before departure, on average.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is August.
- Morning departure is around 10% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
- Flights from Atlanta to Miami, in Florida, usually depart at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, which is located 9.4 miles south of downtown Atlanta. The flight takes about 2 hours.
- If you are flying with your children, don’t worry about entertaining them while you wait for your flight at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. Indeed, in Terminal 6 there is a play area fully equipped with toys and games which your children will love.
- If your flight to Miami is just the first leg of your trip, don’t worry about spending a long layover in Miami Airport. Need to relax? Head to one of the airport lounges or spas, or even the yoga room for a quick session. Alternatively, you can go shopping for gifts and souvenirs or enjoy works from local artists, on display in various points of the airport.
- If your flight to Miami lands late, why not spend the night at the airport rather than traveling into town at night? The Miami International Airport Hotel is located in the pre-security area of Concourse E and features both night and day rooms, subject to availability, that are perfect for a good rest.
- After landing at Miami Airport, travelers can choose from a plethora of options to get to the city center. The easiest ways, however, are using the Amtrak Rail (20- or 30-minute trip), the Miami Beach Airport Flyer bus, both cheap and fast, and the Metrorail (Orange Line). Alternatively, travelers can also hail a taxi or rent a car, both of which are easy to find at Arrivals.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]