Look up and you probably don’t see much. Maybe a plane, the occasional helicopter and, of course, the odd bird. Not for long…
We at Altitude Angel envisage a future where drones are set to revolutionise the lives of everyone on the planet, so we’re building the platforms to ensure drones can fly safely alongside other, more traditional, forms of aviation.
Since 2014 we’ve been steadily growing our team beyond our Reading HQ, whilst expanding our network into Europe, attracting some of the finest minds and top talent from the worlds of aviation, software engineering and product development.
Our platform is now used in 152 countries across the globe enabling over 50,000 safe drone flights every month, including everything from transport of life saving medication in sub-Saharan Africa to coffee and burger delivery in the Republic of Ireland.
With drones becoming more and more prevalent, we’re looking for individuals who are eager to help us build and deliver the solutions which have the potential to change the world.
If you want to join us and be at the forefront of the aerial revolution, apply today.
About the role:
We are looking for an individual to manage the day-to-day operations for one of our most exciting research activities as we move into full commercial operations. Codenamed ‘Arrow’, our technology is currently being used to create ‘drone superhighways’ at an ~8KM long ‘corridor’ in Reading. This world-first environment will be an unprecedented advancement in the use of automated drones to do everything from inspections to deliveries.
This role is based in our Arrow Regional Control centre.
Once completed, Arrow aims to open the sky – safely – to all types of drone traffic, facilitated and enabled by our comprehensive detect-and-avoid and advanced automated navigation services.
This role is perfect for anyone experienced with drones and/or aviation in general and covers a range of administrative and technical duties.
You will be required to support and manage daily flight operations on-site, liaise and engage with customers/partners, manage, and support the infrastructure deployment whilst ensuring safe operations from within our purpose-built high-tech Arrow Regional Control Centre (ARC).
- You will primarily be responsible for the day-to-day management of each Arrow site whilst also managing the Arrow Regional Control (ARC) room.
- You will ensure flight compliance with operators flying on the corridor in line with our CAA Operational Authorisation.
- You will provide hands-on support for troubleshooting deployment issues as well as supporting flight operations in the ARC, utilising all our deployed sensor technologies.
- You will be responsible for ensuring our strict health and safety, including flight safety, protocols are followed.
- You will support customers onsite and host visitors, where appropriate.
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills.
- You are a clear-headed thinker and procedural in your approach to problem-solving.
- You possess excellent attention to detail and have the ability to take ownership of tasks, driving them to completion.
- You are a natural team player with excellent organisational skills and thrive under pressure.
- You will ideally have a passion for and knowledge of the drone industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of technical proficiency and a basic understanding of IT systems.
- Must hold a valid UK driving license and own your own vehicle (milage allowance provided). This role requires travel in/around Reading on a daily basis.
- UK CAA Operational Authorisation (OA) holder is very desirable although not essential.
At Altitude Angel we’re dedicated to creating a positive working environment that empowers our employees to be the best version of themselves. Through personalised Career Development Plans and generous home/work-life-balance considerations, we support our team to work in the best way for them.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Mental Health Coaching
- £3,000 employee referral scheme
- Quarterly team socials
To apply for this position, email your details to [email protected]