According to the Frontier Cancellation Policy for 2021-22, passengers will be able to cancel their Frontier flight Booking and receive a full refund under certain circumstances. These conditions are as follows:
- You book 7 days (168 hours) before departure and cancel within 24 hours.
- Your flight is canceled and you decide not to catch the alternative flight.
- Your ticket is refundable (the WORKS bundle) and you cancel your flight.
- You cancel a ticket issued between December 22, 2020 – March 31, 2021.
- You cancel an award ticket at least 8 days before departure.
- You cancel your flight at least 60 days before departure.
- Any special circumstances such as death or serious illness of a passenger/close family member, jury duty, etc. (subject to documentary evidence).
In all other scenarios, you will be charged a cancellation fee, depending on your fare conditions.
NOTE: Under Frontier’s Cancellation Policy, if you are holding the WORKS Bundle ticket, you can retain the value of your ticket and use it within 1 year of the transaction date. However, if you want a refund, you must fill out an online refund form.
Frontier Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
Frontier Airlines has a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours of purchase, you will receive a full refund if the flight departs at least after 168 hours (7 days). This policy applies to all types of Frontier Airlines tickets—including non-refundable fares.
If you cancel your trip within 7 days of travel or more than 24 hours after purchasing your ticket, a cancellation fee will be charged.
Frontier Airlines COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
- Issued between March 10, 2020, to April 15, 2020, can be changed or canceled once without penalty
- Issued between July 2, 2020, and July 31, 2020, will be allowed 1 free change (including cancellation) when the change is made 7 or more days before departure
- Issued between August 31, 2020, and September 30, 2020, will be allowed 1 free change when the change is made 7 or more days prior to departure
- Issued between December 22, 2020, and March 31, 2021, will not incur change or cancellation fees
- View the full change policy here. If you booked via a third party, refer to your booking provider for its policies.
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy Due to Death or Illness
Frontier Airlines allows you to cancel your flight if you fall seriously ill before the flight, or due to the death of a close family member. You must provide documentary proof, such as a medical certificate, death certificate, etc.
Will I be charged a fee to cancel my reservation?
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy: Within 24 hours of purchase
Customers may cancel their tickets up to 24 hours after the time of purchase for a full refund. No cancellation fee applies. You can request a refund on your Manage my Booking page by logging into My Trips.
Note: Tickets purchased within 7 days of travel will be held as credit and are subject to a fee found here
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy: More than 24 hours of purchase
If it has been more than 24 hours since you purchased your ticket, or the booking was made within 7 days of travel, a cancellation fee may apply and can be found here. The value of your ticket, less non-refundable charges or fees, may be applied toward the purchase of a future ticket. To cancel your booking, log in to My Trip or call Frontier Reservations.
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy: WORKS Bundle Plan
Refundability is included with the purchase of the WORKS℠! Therefore, cancellations will not incur a cancellation fee. Visit Flyfrontier.com and retain the value of your purchase for use within one year of the transaction date. To request a refund, simply fill out the online refund request form on the Frontier Official website
NOTE: Tickets must be canceled before any ticketed flight departs in order to retain the value of the ticket. Failure to do so will result in a service charge equal to the price for which you could have bought a ticket on the day your original flight was scheduled.
What is The Frontier Airlines Works Bundle Plan?
Frontier Airlines introduced a new pricing strategy called Works. The Works bundle plan is aimed at travelers who want to save money and have more flexibility in their travel plans.
Benefits of The Works Bundle Plan Explained
Passengers with The WORKS bundle plan are eligible for the following:
- No deduction in the refund. Passengers will receive a full refund.
- Passengers can use travel points for future booking.
- They can retain the ticket value for one year.
- The airline never imposes a No-Show fee on them.
- Under the Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy, the passenger with The WORKS bundle plan is eligible for all the benefits and services offered by the airline.
What is Frontier Cancellation Fee?
- The airline implemented a cancellation charge based on the number of days until the departure date. Passengers who cancel their tickets within 60 days of the flight will receive a full refund from the airline.
- If passengers are canceling the ticket within 14 days before departure, they will have to pay the Frontier cancellation fee of $79.
- Passengers with The WORKS plan can hold the ticket value for one year from the date of booking. They will not be charged a cancellation fee by the airline and they will receive a full refund on their tickets.
- Passengers are required to pay 119 USD if they cancel tickets within two weeks before departure. The Frontier cancellation fee directly depends on the date of the cancellation from the departure date.
- If the passenger cancels tickets several days in advance from the departure date, the airline will charge less even if the passenger does not have the bundle plan.
- For same-day cancellation, the airline will charge 119 USD to standard passengers.
If you want to cancel your award ticket, you may cancel your itinerary and redeposit your Frontier Miles back into your account for a $75 redeposit fee (waived for bookings made between December 22, 2020, and March 31, 2021). Redeposit fees are non-refundable and tickets must be canceled prior to departure of the flight to retain their value.
If you need to change your flight 60 or more days before departure, you will incur no fees. If you need to change your flight 59 to 7 days prior to departure, a reduced fee of $49 per passenger is charged. If you need to cancel or change your flight 6 days or less before departure, the normal fee of $79 per passenger applies. Bookings made between December 22, 2020, and March 31, 2021, will not incur change fees.
If you’re changing to a more expensive flight, you will be responsible for any difference in airfare price. However, if you’re changing to a less expensive flight, you will not receive any sort of credit or refund for the difference in fare.
How to Avoid Frontier Airlines Change Flight and Cancellation Fees
Save on Frontier Airlines change and cancellation fees by following these tips:
- Buy your ticket at least 7 days before traveling. This allows you to cancel or change your booking free of charge within 24 hours of booking—and applies to all types of fares within the United States.
- If possible, buy the WORKS bundle. It’s costlier, but you won’t have to pay any change or cancellation fee if your travel plans change.
- Earn Elite-level status.
- If your flight is canceled, you have the option to cancel or rebook your flight free of charge.
- If your flight is rescheduled and the new flight doesn’t suit you, you may have the option to rebook free of charge.
- Ask Frontier how best they can help you.
How to Cancel a Frontier Ticket Online
- Step 1: Log into your account on Frontier’s homepage and select “My Trips” or “Bookings.”
- Step 2: Once you’ve selected the trip you want to cancel, select “Cancel Booking.”
- Step 3: The next screen will ask you to confirm that you want to cancel your booking. After you click confirm then your booking will officially be canceled.
- Step 4: Finally, if you’re canceling your ticket and purchased the WORKS bundle, you have to request to receive your refund through an online refund request form. Don’t forget to do this as you will not receive your refund without filling out the form!
If you don’t want to cancel your booking online and prefer to have a phone agent assist you, you can contact Frontier Reservations at 801-401-9000.
Changing to a different flight on the same day?
Frontier airlines offer a “Same Day Confirmed” alternative flight option for a flat fee of $59. This is offered at no additional charge for Frontier Miles Elite members, or for those who purchased the WORKS add-on.
How to Use Frontier Flight Credit
If you have a Frontier credit that you need to use, start booking a new flight on the Frontier website. Find the flight you want to book and reach the payment screen; select “HAVE FRONTIER CREDIT” and enter the six-digit confirmation code for your credit (this will be the confirmation code from the original booking).
Few helpful things to keep in mind with your Frontier credits:
Credits are not redeemable for cash.
- Credits from a reservation that purchased the WORKS expire 1 year from the date of issue.
- Credits are 1-time use, meaning there will be no remaining value after redemption. This means if you use a $120 credit to purchase a $100 flight, you cannot use the remaining $20 towards a future flight.
- Credits are non-transferable and may only be redeemed in the name of the passenger to whom it was issued.
As Home of Low Fares Done Right, find great deals and cheap flights to destinations all over North America.
Click to rate this post!